What do you suggest for bp?

i ve been taking avalide for years but a reduce dosage due to the ED effect . do i ve other options as my bp in not under control as a result.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Options to Avalide therapy for high blood pressure Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for sharing your concern with HCM. You are saying to be taking Avalide for high blood pressure (HBP). If your BP is not under control, then, I suggest to discuss with your cardiologist to increase the dose. If the increasing dose won't improve your BP either, then, I suggest to add more drugs to your therapy. If I was your caring doctor would start a beta-blocker together with ca-channel blockers. Please bare in mind that conducting a healthy lifestyle and diet regimen is also crucial in reducing your HBP. I advise to limit salt, carbonated drinks intake and to totally avoid drinking alcohol. As Avalide contains a diuretic, I'd suggest to increase the intake of foods high in potassium (especially fruits). At the end, the therapy might be changed according to your BP levels and your overall health condition. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard