What do the following MRI and nerve study report indicate?

Question
2009 mri report and nerve study dealing with the same L5-S1 disc. can you please explain.
Posted 6 days ago in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see details for translation of your report in simple terms

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Translating the MRI report in simple terms for your easy understanding:
There is a disc (fat pad) between every two vertebra which provides flexibility to spine. Different nerves pass between every two discs. In some cases like trauma or degenerative disease, those disc gets enlarged or mal-align. As a result it causes compression of nerves passing around that area. Now in your case. Disc at L5-S1 is causing nerve compression which is resulting in pain. Other problem is slight change in curvature of spine. Thirdly, you mentioned some swelling. So doctor said that the swelling is nothing serious and suggested it to be a lipoma. It is a disease of fat in particular area which causes NO HARM to the body. If it interferes with your normal daily routine like increases in size or causes pain THEN it can be managed by surgical excision under local anesthesia.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wishing you good health !!