What do reddish-brown spots on forehead indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
I now have a number of reddish-brown spots on my forehead. Can these be age related skin spots or can they be cancer?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Kindly see suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern towards reddish-brown spots on your forehead. As per your age and the description of lesions I can make out these as "Age related senile spots". These are the most common entity with reddish-brown color on forehead region. But before I can confirm these as senile spots, can you please take pains in letting me know certain important information regarding the spots: 1. Since how long you have reddish-brown spots. Are similar spots present on any other part of body. 2. Do you feel any burning or pain or itching sensation over the areas. 3. If you feel burning or pain or itching, then is it mild/moderate/severe. 4. Have you any time felt sudden increase in any of these borwn spots. It would be best if you can send few good resolution pictures of the forehead area so that it can be analyzed best. You have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia). "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Dermatology)