Ask a Urologist   »  

What do red and painful spots on the penis indicate?

Question
Help
Posted Sun, 19 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 minute later
Hi
Kindly post your query so that I can help you accordingly. Regards

Follow-up: What do red and painful spots on the penis indicate? 3 minutes later
I have these spots on my shaft of penis its like little holes they are painful sometimes but most of the time is my testicles that hurt but i got checked for urine test and hiv blood test and all negative please help

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would wait for your sexual history.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being with healthcare magic!!!

I have seen the pictures and I am seeing small reddish dots in between the head and the shaft of the penis. It looks like a little irritated but I don't see redness on the borders of the lesions. It doesn't look like STD in my opinion.

How long have you had these lesions? what is your sexual history?
Do you have multiple partners or partners that are high risk for STD?

About your scrotal pain? is it a sharp pain or dull pain? Scrotal pain could be varicocoele , inguinal hernia. I would recommend doing a scrotal ultrasound with doppler to check for these things.

Follow-up: What do red and painful spots on the penis indicate? 6 hours later
I am sexually active
I had these lessions now for couple of months but the pain on my testicles it would hurt for like an hour or so and it would go away and the paint is like its discomforting

And when i have it worm it would stop hurting but when im in the cold it would start hurting again because i have a car the has the the seats where u can worm it and the pain would usually start

And the lession started after i had unprotected sex and after couple of months i had these symptoms i asked the female that i had sex with and she said she doesnt have any of that but she might be lieying idk because i havent had sex with anyone else before or after her please help would should go check for and what that scrotal ultra sound with doppler?

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Scrotal ultrasound with doppler study would check the inside of the scrotal sac for any abnormalities and swelling. This would determine why you have pain in the testicle.

Regarding the penile lesions, it may be a fungal infection. For my patients I usually prescribe Ketoconazole cream to be applied on the lesions.

Where can i get checked for that scrotal ultrasound doppler?

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Any hospital would have this.

Detailed Answer:
Scrotal ultrasound with doppler can be done in any hospital with an ultrasound section.

Follow-up: What do red and painful spots on the penis indicate? 1 hour later
But you dont think this is hiv

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
No. I don't think you have HIV

Detailed Answer:
HIV doesn't present as scrotal pain and lesions in the penis. No I don't think that is HIV and besides you have been tested for HIV already which came out negative.

Don't worry

Follow-up: What do red and painful spots on the penis indicate? 8 minutes later
Can you prescribe me anything for the pain and to have the lesions go away?

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not allowed to prescribe medications.

Detailed Answer:
I apologize but we are not allowed to prescribe online in this forum.

Like I said before, Tylenol or any pain reliever (Ibuprofen) can be taken for the pain and these are widely available as over the counter only (you won't be needing prescription for them).

For my patients, I usually prescribe Ketoconazole cream two times a day to be applied in the lesions.

I hope you understand.