What cuses severe cramp at back of leg?

Woken during night with severe cramp at back of leg. Nausea and dizzines, felt very weak. When I tried to stand Fainted for a couple of minutes. Laid on bed, still feeling sick, hot and very sweaty. Took 30mins to get over bad dose of nausea. Still have slight cramp at back of leg & still feel sick two hours later. Have taken paracetamol
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Following causes to your symptoms.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Feeling severe cramp at back of leg is indicative for possible deficiency in Magnesium and vitamins. I suggest to measure the blood levels of: - electrolytes - vitamin D - lipids (lipid profile) - glycemia (blood sugar levels) Next, feeling nauseated and dizziness is a sign of hypo-tension (as you fainted for a couple of minutes). I suggest to run cardiac tests to get further evaluated: - EKG - holter monitoring - cardiac echo - stress test - monitor your blood pressure If everything is ok with your heart, then, everything you are experiencing is related to peri/menopausal syndrome. I advise to: - drink plenty of water - have chamomile tea at bedtime Having "bad dose of nausea" (as you call it) might be related to: - foods you have consumed (bad foods) - dehydration - cervical syndrome - possible GI viral infection I advise to take plenty of water with lemon juice. If no improvement, should consult you doctor for further evaluation. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana