What could this be the reason for pain on penis tip inspite of having negative results for chlamydia,gonorrhea and herpes?

Hi, two and a half weeks ago I woke up with pain on the tip of my penis, not around the hole, more on the side. The pain has never been as bad as that first day, but I am still experiencing sensitivity. I went to my GP and did culture and blood work for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and herpes, all negative. I have no redness, no bumps or lesions, and no discharge. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Many other possible causes, all listed Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I am sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing, but I would like to inform you that sexually transmitted infections are only one of the many causes that could result in pain in the region of the penis described by you. For you to properly relate with a cause, I shall first list all these causes, they are: -Rough sexual activity -Rough oral sex -Foreign body in the urethra -Blunt injury to an erect penis -Direct injury of the penis -Friction on the penis during masturbation -Sexual activity in general -Surgery -Poor hygiene -Allergy to soap, shampoo, detergent in clothes, etc. -Infection or inflammation (not sexually transmitted) of an uncircumcised penis (this is a very important aspect. Uncircumcised men are more prone to such a presentation) -Allergy to condom or spermicide creams used -Very tight or un-retracting foreskin -The use of medication to prolong erections that resulted in a long lasting erection -Bladder stones -Sickle cell anemia As you can see sir, the causes are quite a few. If you can relate to any particular cause listed by me, please do write back to me and I shall advise you accordingly. But if you cannot relate to any reason above, then it is best to report to a doctor for the same, with whom you can discuss the above listed causes as well. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
Follow-up: What could this be the reason for pain on penis tip inspite of having negative results for chlamydia,gonorrhea and herpes? 1 hour later
The only causes you list that are possible would be bladder stones or sickle cell. None of the others apply. Should I see a urologist? I think my GP is out of ideas
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes sir, a urologist may just be able to help Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. Yes you could meet with a urologist, but request for investigation of sickle cell anemia as well. Although, sickle cell anemia has one symptom: it causes prolonged painful erections; not always. But it would still be better to rule it out with investigations. Hope this helps you sir. I wish you nothing but the best, only hoping a diagnosis can be made at the earliest. Best of luck.