What could cause blue veins on chest that hurt,burn and ache?

Hi, I have new blue veins on my chest that hurt, they pinch, burn and ache. When I press on my stomach I feel a mass on the right beside my belly button, I can reproduce this feeling on my left chest and neck. What could it be? Thanks
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be normal viscera in abdomen Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms XXXXXXX It's most likely to be the underlying normal viscera you could be feeling. especially if you are underweight. Coming to your concern if New blue vein over the chest, I would require further information about it 1. Where is the exact location 2. Is it associated with swelling and redness? 3. Any lump felt in the breast? Sending clinical photograph will be very useful. I would also suggest you to get Ultrasound examination of the abdomen in consultation with your physician, in order to avoid missing anything significant. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD
Follow-up: What could cause blue veins on chest that hurt,burn and ache? 50 minutes later
The pain on my chest can be increased when I press on that spot on my stomach. Looking down at my stomach it is 1 inch to the side and down from my belly button. The new veins and spider veins are in the middle of my sternum, left breast, neck and shoulder, behind my left ear and left eyelid. There is no swelling or redness on either site. I have always had breast lumps on that side that are checked every second year by mammogram. I had an Ultrasound in the Spring because of unexplained bleeding, it showed no cysts.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 5 hours later
Brief Answer: No cause of concern Detailed Answer: Namasthe As you have had a normal scan of abdomen and everything seems alright, do not be worried about position of stomach. The stomach can be in lower position in many normal patients. It would be very helpful if you could send clinical picture of the veins. I would also suggest you to rule out gastroesophageal reflux in consultation with your physician, because of pain associated with pressing Take care Regards Dr T Shobha