What could be the reason for weight loss?

Dear sir,
My weight loss slowly slowly in last 2 year currently my weight 50 kg and height 5 7" and 29 yera old, please help me your besr suggestion.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information...

Detailed Answer:

Based on your anthropometric measurements, your BMI stands below the normal limits and you are indeed underweight by 5 kgs. You described that you have gradual decline in your weight. May I know how much weight have you lost in the last 2 years and was there a rapid decline in your weight?

I would also like to know if you experience any other problems along with weight loss such as frequent fever, constant cough, night sweats / excessive perspiration, palpitation or any other unusual symptom.

Also let me know how your appetite is - is it low or normal?

Lastly have you been evaluated by a doctor for this issue?

Awaiting your reply...