What could be the reason for unusual odor when i urinate?

Just getting over UTI infection having had a week in hospital and 3 weeks after on IV antibiotics. My blood count is normal. I do have kidney stones in kidney wall, not loose. I am still having unusual odor when I urinate and wonder if is my diet? drinking water, juice, no-caffeine drinks. Eating lots of vegetables. I am seeing a Urologist now.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: chronic infection Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. This unusual smell might be there due to persistent infection. Sometimes the infection becomes very low grade and chronic. In such cases the symptoms are very minimum like just bad odours in urine. Please get a urine culture and antibiotic sensitivity done. This test will tell exactly whether infection still persists or not. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you