What could be the reason for the sudden appearance of a dark red spot on my eyelid in the morning?

I noticed quite suddenly a dark red spot 8mm on my eyelid this morning. Why?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 57 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

By the description provided it is difficult to give a clear diagnosis.

But sudden appearance of a 8 mm red spot could most probably due to the following -

1. Insect bites
2. Xanthelasma
3. Cysts -- small fluid-filled sacs.

The best way of diagnosis of this condition is by consulting a doctor for a examination and proper evaluation of your condition.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.