What could be the reason for persistant Ahem and could this be because of acid reflux?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Dear , I am interested to look for health advice in something I could not find an answer for it from many doctors . I am complaining from Ahem from time to time even if I am talking for long time I got this Ahem from my throat. I visited throat doctors and stomach doctors and none of them give the right medicine .I was listing to a TV programs and they said this is coming from stomach . Note: I might have Acid Reflux,if yes what shall I do ? Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Clearing of throat can be due to three reasons - 1. Post nasal drip 2. Gastroesophageal reflux disease 3. Habitual So you need to rule out sinuistis and acid reflux. If it is due to acid reflux, you will get relief with medications like omeprazole. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: What could be the reason for persistant Ahem and could this be because of acid reflux? 24 minutes later
Dear DR XXXXXXX Kini, When I say that I might have Acid Reflux that was not said by doctor .I just guess that I might have from reading articles. What do you mean by "Clearing of throat" , Do you mean this is what I facing .I am suffering from having Ahem Ahem from time to time and some times after I got up in the morning,and I sometimes I fell that there is something bothering me in throat(Tickle).I also fee the same when I talking for long time where my vocal cords stopped mr from continue ,and I need to drink water and speak slowly.I am not smoker and I don't drink at all . I hope I tried to re-explain my case again . Regards, XXXXXXX
Follow-up: What could be the reason for persistant Ahem and could this be because of acid reflux? 19 hours later
Could you please answer my question or let me know when it will be answered

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 32 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, The term clearing the throat is what the symptom you have. I have mentioned the three possible cause of you symptom based on the information you have given. The feeling of something in the throat is called globus and it again can occur in gastroesophaeal reflux disease and post nasal drip. So as mentioned earlier, you need to discuss with your doctor to look for sinusitis and gastroesophageal reflux disease. We experts are not full time employees of healthcare magic. We answer when we come online after seeing the text/email alerts. So if there is a delay, I apologize for that. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini