What could be the reason for irregular heart beat?

I went to hospital with irregular heart beat noticed this by taking pulse but two ECG tests showed it was fast but not irregular
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: a holter can help Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic An ECG would show any abnormal rhythms that are present at the time of examination. If at the time of the ECG your pulse was fast but not irregular , it would not be seen on the test. If you are experiencing episodes of irregular heart beat, you may want to consider a holter. A holter is essentially a 24 hour ECG. It would be able to assess your heart rhythm over a longer period of time to identify any changes. Your doctor may be able to order this test for you. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions