What could be the reason for intermittent tingling sensation in neck and shoulder?

tingling sensation right shoulder into neck and back all on the right side with some pain that comes and goes also tingling comes and goes
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neuropathic pain

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

The tingling and occasional pain sensation you are describing is typical of a neuropathy ( nerve injury). It might have occurred due to a trivial trauma or a viral infection. In either ways it should subside within 4 to 6 weeks, I would like to add here that I am assuming you are not a diabetic since you XXXXXXX mentioned it in your medical history..
Tab Pregabalin taken at night time helps reduce these types of tingling and pain sensations, please approach your physician for a prescription

I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have any further queries

Follow-up: What could be the reason for intermittent tingling sensation in neck and shoulder? 20 hours later
youre close i was diagnosed with severe arthritis of the neck after X rays bone touching bone will be wearing a soft collar and taking steroids before anything else is done
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate that.

I wish you good health and a speedy recovery