What could be the cause of green stool in infant?

My daughter is 46 days old and she has started passing leafy green stool from past 4 days and sometimes with mucus. Thus place used ro be warm till last month and it's started getting colder day by day.Now the temperature is around 30 degree. I know it's not so cold, But could this be happening because of weather changes? Please advice how to proceed further with this. Thanks in advance.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO It is not because of weather change. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to health care magic. I can understand your concern. Green colour of the stool is not of much significance and only indicates increased bowel motility. If a baby is exclusively breast fed you need not worry about that. If there is associated blood and mucus then it could be because of infection. If there is blood and mucus please consult your doctor. The stool that your baby is passing is not related to weather changes. You should be concerned regarding keeping your baby warm if the weather becomes colder. Continue to ask further queries as required. Hope this helps. Take care. Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty M.D.(Pediatrics) Associate Professor of Pediatrics