Ask a Urologist   »  

What could be the cause of blood discharge instead of urine and a tearing feeling in penis ?

HI Am 24 day before yesterday while peeing I felt a strange tear in my penis and the complete day blood started coming out of it but it was gone that day itself, yesterday I had problem with my pee.. I was completely unable to pee. so with some guidance I started using AZO standard. I could feel some relief but there is swelling on my penis and it weighs a lot. Can you help me out with this.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Passing fresh blood from urethra is an emergency. The swelling on the penis might be a collected blood inside due to some injury.
Passing plenty of fresh blood is most likely seen in injury to the urethra. Other causes that need to be excluded include a urethral calculus, urinary infection and a bleeding disorder.
I strongly recommend you to immediately see a urologist who can diagnose your problem after proper examination and some simple blood tests.
You can continue taking AZO standard in the meantime and try cold compress on the swelling to stop the internal bleeding if any.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.