What could be the cause of bad funky odor coming from testicles?

For the last two weeks I have been noticing a bad "funky" odour coming from beneath my testicles. No amount of washing makes a difference. Sometimes I will notice myself sweating in this area and then there is the bad smell like old cheese. What could be the cause of this?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection of the groin Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now you seem to have developed a superficial fungal infection. Such infections are very common in the region that you have described due to increased sweating in the area. These tend to cause a whitish discharge sometimes and lead to continuous wetting of the region and can further cause a bad odour. You need to apply a topical antifungal like clotrimazole cream over the affected area twice a day. Do not apply any other creams or oils over the affected area. Wash with lukewarm saline water twice a day and then apply the medicine. Wear cotton undergarments in order to decrease sweating in the area. Hope it helps. If you have any other queries, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.