What could be the cause of absent mindedness and black outs ?

I am lost and not sure where to go next. At the end of January I started to feel extremely tired and at times it was like my mind stopped. (I also have occasional headaches and leg craps). The doctor check my vit D which was at 27 and I started on a vit. for that and a multi day vit. He checked for lever function, kidney function, an EKG, b12 blood counts,and it seems like there was something else. I also just had my annual physical which was great. He said maybe I was just stressed out. Saw my thereapist a few times and think I am done with her. TOday I was in Target buying items in the childrens department for my 9month old grandson. I had to stop and think about where I was in the store and how I get out. THis is very usual since I am at Target all the time. It made me panic a bit. Where should I be going next.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for your query,

I would consider the stress being the prime suspection here.Continue to visit the Psychatrist and do follow relaxation exercises like meditation.

Also considering age into account the systemic causes like cardiac problem
(likely cause ) must have to be ruled out .I suggest you to get a Stress test ( tread mill ) done, this will bring out imminent cardiac problems.

Also do get your Blood pressure levels checked twice every week and keep a note on the readings.Do the same with blood glucose levels also.Variations in the BP and blood sugars can also result into such symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.