What could be the cause for stabbing pain and burning sensation at the back on spine?
User rating for this question
I have a stabbing pain in my back that is burning. If someone touches the spot on my spine I feel I will jump through the roof. Ive had this since an injury 15 years ago. I had an mri with XXXXXXX The ortho that did it quit his job and went somewhere else. The only fact I know is there was a huge collection of white blood cells in the spot thats injured. I am in alot of pain. Its one spot on my spine that is really bad, but because of that I have major pain and knots in my shoulder blades. If someone touches my spine in that spot its VERY bad. What is wrong????
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Likely to be nerve related cause. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. A severe pain at only one point of the spine after a history of injury to the area is likely to be due to a nerve injury or irritation in the area. The collection of white blood cells indicates an inflammation in the area. The presence of a mass causing nerve compression also needs to be ruled out. It is best to get an MRI scan of the area done as this is the best investigation to detect an soft tissue abnormalities. Consulting a neurologist in this regard would be most appropriate. He might prescribe some medicines like methylcobalamin and pregabalin to help with the pain. Some of my patients have felt relief from this kind of nerve pains with the aforementioned medications, therefore i recommend that you take my suggestions sincerely. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
People also viewed
- What could cause stabbing pain in the lower head
- British journal of music therapy
- Knee injections for cartilage
- Bright yellow poop in babies
- Brilliant topical treatments for body acne
- Osteoporosis and massage therapy
- Brown discharge with itching
- Stabbing pain in middle of back cause
- Sudden pain in joints
- Pain in the calf stabbing pain in the back causes
- Best otc joint medicine
- Can back pain cause shooting or stabbing pain?
- Broken femur titanium rod
- Steroid injections for bursitis
- What could cause stabbing pain on abdomen and shoulder