What could be the cause for sharp pain in left finger, arm and eye with swelling hand?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I had sharp pain in my finger and right up my arm and in my eye. All on my left side. Woke up this morning very large three times the size in my left hand. I feel very weak today. My email is XXXXXXX tino
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: There is possibility of transient ischemic episode Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. There is possibility of transient ischemic episode leading to pain in your left arm and eye. You may need clinical examination to confirm neurological weakness, BP and other vital parameters. Another probability is due to compression of this nerve root there is pain radiating to your arm. You may require MRI brain and spine. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, you can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care
Follow-up: What could be the cause for sharp pain in left finger, arm and eye with swelling hand? 5 days later
I was not feeling well that day and went to the hospital. I was in for three days. They did blood work and stress. The first one showed a slight abnormality the second was better. I had a blood thinner. I will follow up this week with my GP. I still a little tingling in hands and feet, chest and tired. I just started B12 as you mentioned. Wonder what it was? I will be using your service. Thanks you!
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: Hello again, B12 enhances function of our nervous system and it is also cardio protective so continue it. You can also ask direct query to me if you need any assistance further. Wishing you good health. Take care