Ask a Dentist   »  

What could be the cause for orange color in the roof of my mouth?

Hi. I was just looking at the roof of my mouth the soft palate looks light orange. Is this normal?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: could be due to inflammation. Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, There is nothing so serious about this as you have mentioned that there is redness at the roof of mouth near soft palate with no pain, this could be due to inflammation as a result of cold, bacterial or viral infections. Other than this it could be due to Vitamin B12 deficiency, tobacco use, smoking, low immunity, stress and hormonal changes can also lead to such condition. I would suggest you to follow the following measures, - At home take lukewarm saline and antiseptic mouthwash gargles. -Take multivitamin suplements. -Avoid any type of stress. -Take proper medications for cold. -Avoid consumption of hot and spicy foodstuffs. This will surely subside the inflammation. Hope you find this as helpful, Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.