What could be the cause for orange color in the roof of my mouth?
User rating for this question
Hi. I was just looking at the roof of my mouth the soft palate looks light orange. Is this normal?
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: could be due to inflammation. Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, There is nothing so serious about this as you have mentioned that there is redness at the roof of mouth near soft palate with no pain, this could be due to inflammation as a result of cold, bacterial or viral infections. Other than this it could be due to Vitamin B12 deficiency, tobacco use, smoking, low immunity, stress and hormonal changes can also lead to such condition. I would suggest you to follow the following measures, - At home take lukewarm saline and antiseptic mouthwash gargles. -Take multivitamin suplements. -Avoid any type of stress. -Take proper medications for cold. -Avoid consumption of hot and spicy foodstuffs. This will surely subside the inflammation. Hope you find this as helpful, Regards, Dr Qazi Ammara.
People also viewed
- Suggest treatment for painful root canal
- Is bone grafting safe for dental implant
- Effect of eating momos
- Cause and treatment for bad toothache
- Side effects of eating ragi
- What causes orange roof mouth
- What causes lumps on the roof of the mouth
- Suggest treatment for tooth infection
- Itching in the roof of the mouth what are the causes
- Side effect of eating potato
- What causes irritation roof mouth
- Effects of eating raw prawns
- What causes itchy roof of mouth
- Health effects of eating pencils
- What causes pain in gap between molar and premolar teeth