What could be the cause for inflammation near penis hole?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi my name is XXXXXXX XXXX. Last Monday, I was maturbating and as it was happening I felt a very sharp pain in the shaft, once ejaculation happened, it felt like razor blades coming out of my pee hole. I soon pee'd right after and also only felt the razor blade at the tip. I immediately went to visit my dr. Before going I noticed the tip looked very irritated. While waiting in the drs office, I had to use the facilities and noticed the redness had gone away and was able to pee without pain or blood. Explained everything to the dr, who told me I had nothing to worry about as there was no blood in the urine or pain while urinating. Though, it has been 6 days and sometimes it feels as if there's an irritation or some type of inflammation by the penis hole, though no pain or blood while urinating. Should I wait a few more days to see if it heals more or consult with my dr for some type of antibiotics for this situation? Note-- I have had no sexual relations in nearly 6 months so I'm pretty sure there's no STD.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow up with an Urologist... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for sharing your concern with XXXXXXX To my opinion, although your urine analysis did not result any problem, however, your genital tract should be further evaluated. In other words, although blood was not present in urine or pain while urinating, this does not exclude genital infection (penis itself, testicles, prostate,etc). So, to my opinion, your problems are related to genital infection (non-STDs). Further tests are needed to come to a final conclusion including: - seminal fluid analysis and culture - abdominal ultrasound - physical examination of your genital organs Uncircumcised males are more prone to such infections as compared to circumcised. So, you can discuss with an urologist if this is your case. At the end, I suggest to consult with an urologist and to run the above mentioned tests to finally determine the infection and the appropriate treatment (antibiotic/antimycotic). Furthermore, evaluation of local blood vessels of the penis and other local organs should be carried out too. Hope it was of help! Dr.Bardha