What could be the cause for excessive salivation?

General Surgeon
I sometime want to eat a lot sometimes no appetite and also I have exissive Salvia special got worse today
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: looks like reflux, but i need a few more details Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. As per your brief present and past history, i can only think of you being having acid peptic disease, with may be reflux to cause excessive salivation, though i am not sure. So before i can come down to a diagnosis, i would like to know a few more things, like - do you have stomach pain, if yes, is it related to food and the site of pain. Do you also have a reflux or heartburn, and why were those endoscopies done, especially the colonoscopy, and when they were done and what were their reports. Till then, if you want to go with my gastritis with reflux diagnosis, i would suggest that you take a ppi like pantaprazole with levosulpride combination. But as these are prescription drugs, you need to see a local doctor for the same. Hope that i have answered all your queries, if you still have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Get Well Soon! Dr. Ashish Verma