What could be the cause for double vision?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have had a weird issue that I noticed two days ago. When waking in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning, I have noticed double vision. I am near sighted and where glasses/contacts. Once I get out of bed and moving around, I don't notice the double vision. Not everything was double, just the item I was focusing on. I am a worrier and am just wondering if this is normal. I haven't noticed anything weird after I have woken up and started my day.
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to wear glasses and are near sighted. If you are having double vision once in a while, I'd suggest to: - carefully move after waking up - do not move your eyes around - try to wear your glasses immediately when you have such episode. If no improvement or the episodes will get worse; I'd suggest to consult an ophthalmologist. All the best! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!