What could be the cause clear yellow liquid running from nose, headache and pain in jaw ?

My daughter has clear yellow liquid running from her nose - this is not mucus, but the consistency of water, but yellow. She has a headache and says that her jaw hurts.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 28 minutes later
Your daughter seems to have Sinusitis. It leads to greenish-yellow discharge from nose, headache and pain in upper jaw.
For her best option is to take steam inhalation which has a very good decongestant effect. Decongestant effect will help in bringing out sputum from the sinuses.
Decongestant drops are also available, but they should not be used for more than a week.
Paracetamol (Acetoaminofen) can be taken to relieve headache and jaw pain.
Antiallergic medicines (2nd generation antihistaminics) may help in early resolution of discharge.
Total Leucocyte Count with Differential count may help in knowing whether Sinusitis is bacterial or viral
If it is bacterial we may add an antibiotic appropriate to her weight and age (14 years).
I suggest you consult an ENT specialist for an examination and above investigations

Hope I have answered your query, I am available for follow ups as well