Ask a Urologist   »  

What could be reasons for dizziness and confusion spell other than bladder infection?

Rheumatologist
Question
My wife had a dizzy, confusion spell and went to ER. Doctor told her she had a bladder infection and that the dizzy, confusion were part of infection problem. Took her to urologist and he said no that bladder infection would not cause dizzy, confusion. What's right?
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that your urologist is right in saying that bladder infection would not lead to a dizzy spell . Instead since she is having a pacemaker I will advise you to see a cardiologist to see that everything is right on the cardiac side as sometimes arrythmias can lead to episodes of dizziness and confusion . Plus sometimes some drugs like diuretics can also lead to similar complaints so get your prescription checked again and revised if needed . Take care . Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What could be reasons for dizziness and confusion spell other than bladder infection? 5 hours later
Thank you for your reply. We will certainly check with the cardiologist and make certain the family doctor is aware of the prescription question.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Its a pleasure if I would have been of any help to you . DR. Shruti