What could a bad pain in the middle right side that hurts while lifting the right leg signify?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I have really bad pain in the middle of my right side, it hurts when I lift my right leg and I get chills from the pain, what could it be?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be muscle strain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The fact that your pain is occuring with movements indicates a muscle strain. Any strained muscle when stretched gives severe pain. I advice you to follow the below mentioned guidelines - * Give adequate rest to the involved muscle group and avoid any movement that causes pain * Moist heat application to relax the muscles * Local application of muscle relaxant gel * Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and inflammation. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care

Follow-up: What could a bad pain in the middle right side that hurts while lifting the right leg signify? 4 minutes later
I also have a bladder infection could this be from that? And are you able to cure a uti w homeopathic herbs.

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Bladder infection not seems to be related to this. Detailed Answer: Hi, Bladder infection not seems to be related to this. I am an orthopaedic surgeon and having no idea of homeopathic herbs.