What causes weight gain when suffering from Micro Pituitary adnoma?
User rating for this question
I have a very athletic past. Weight loss has never been an issue. I continued to be active and now I am in my 50's. I am having a lot of trouble losing weight. I have mainly gained around my mid section and hips. I have a Micro Pituitary adnoma. I am wondering if it could be prohibiting my weight loss? I recently started taking iodine and L-Tyrosine. It has had an effect.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hypothyroidism is causing problem with weight loss Detailed Answer: Hi, You are mentioning in your medical history to be suffering of micro pituitary adenoma. This is a tumor of the pituitary gland which is usually associated with changes in the blood levels of hormones produced by the pituitary glands. As you are mentioning that you are having problems with weight loss, and you have started to use recently iodine and L-Tyrosine, it means you are having problems with hypothyroidism. I'd suggest to keep monitoring your thyroid and pituitary gland hormonal levels in blood together with lifestyle and diet changes. Once the hormonal balance is established together with healthy lifestyle and diet changes, you'd succeed in your weight loss. All the best! Dr.Sonila Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Does growth hormone cause large belly
- Is loss of appetite a side effect of pamelor?
- What causes a pituitary tumor
- What are causes of pituitary adenomas and ovarian cyst adenomas
- Is loss of appetite a side effect of onglyza?
- What causes pituitary adenoma
- Is lightheadedness a side effect of percocet?
- What is the normal count of thyroid
- What are the side effects of invega sustenna?
- Is heartburn a side effect of mefenamic acid?
- Contraceptive pill and underactive thyroid
- Tsh blood test
- What are the effect thyroid problem if tsh is 74 for conceiving
- What causes weight gain when suffering from micro pituitary adnoma
- What causes severe headache when suffering from pituitary adenoma