What causes weakness in legs when suffering from diabetes and high BP?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
My husband is diabetic and has high bp. He just took it while resting and it is 103/68 with a pulse of 83 and complaining of leg weakness. Should I get him to a doctor
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Wait and take two more readings of Blood pressure Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Health care magic, Its my pleasure to answer your query. Blood pressure of 103/68 and pulse of 83 is near normal and it shows that your husband's blood pressure is under good control. He may be having leg weakness due to decreased sugar levels.So,you check his sugar levels once and confirm it. I would suggest your husband to take two more recordings of blood pressure at 15 min interval.If Blood pressure is continuously falling below 90/60 and feeling dizzy,confused,immediately consult your treating physician.Otherwise,no need. Check your blood pressure and blood sugars regularly.Also don't miss your medications. Hope i have answered your query. If any further query,feel free to post. Thank you.