What causes vomitting sensation with dizziness ?

I had a dizzy spell about a couple of hours away. Now I feel slightly pukey..
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Dizziness can be there due to multiple reasons but at your age, these are some common possibilities that are coming to my mind-
1. Anaemia- reduced blood hemoglobin levels. This can be ruled out by getting a complete blood picture done.
2.Cardiac problem- Missing heart beats are one of the common causes of dizziness or it might happen due to some irregularities in the cardiac impulse. This can be ruled out on having an ECG done.
3.Weakness, any infections in the recent past, lack of proper regular meals, as a side effect of some medicines, etc.
4. Electrolyte imbalance and dehydration causing sudden hypotension.
All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment.
You can help yourself by-
1.Sit immediately when you feel dizzy to avoid any possible injuries
2. Avoid taking on high stress or concentration requiring activities such as driving a car or operating machinery if you experience frequent dizziness spells
3.Rise slowly from bed or spend a few minutes in bed before waking up this helps normalize blood pressure
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.