What causes vomiting, tiredness and gastric problem after a long flight?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi My father has traveled from India to USA today. It was a long flight. After coming home he has vomited twice. He is feeling tired and having gastric problems also. Not willing to have any food also.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of food poisoning or gastric infect. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing to HCM There is possibility of food poisoning or gastric infection. You may need to take antibiotic and anti-emetic. I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole -D twice a day. Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa and will give protective covering. Try to maintain body fluid by increasing fluid intake, take easily digestible food. If not recovered then you need to consult your treating doctor. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.