What causes vomiting and headache on left side inspite of having normal MRI and CT scans?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
son having problems vomit n headache on left side. 1 mri done 2 ct scan done 3 ncv eeg done no organ damage clinical finding a severe anxiety b mananzitis but not yet find in query
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your son's symptoms. First of all, I would like to reassure you that normal MRI of brain rules out most serious problems of brain. Meningitits (or brain fever) can be diagnosed by doing lumbar puncture and examining the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). How long has he been having headache and vomiting? Does he have fever also? I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Follow-up: What causes vomiting and headache on left side inspite of having normal MRI and CT scans? 3 hours later
dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX neurosurgeon today advise csf in his morning visit rest reports I have mailed you regards

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: I have seen the reports Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for getting back. There are four attachments with this, which include MRI brain (two reports), NCS/EMG, and EEG reports. CSF reports are not attached. I request you to re-send them. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: What causes vomiting and headache on left side inspite of having normal MRI and CT scans? 4 minutes later
thnx sir the csf test done today n the total report available by tomorrow get back to yu. Regards

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: I would be pleased to see the reports. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. I would be pleased to see the CSF reports tomorrow. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)