What causes upper stomach pain, heartburn and bloating in pregnancy?
User rating for this question
My name is XXXXXXX and 45yrs old. I am 26weeks pregnant and have been upper stomach pain for the last 2 days. I have developed a case of heartburn and feel very bloated. I have been eating smaller meals and drink a lot and no relief. The rest of the pregnancy has been fine and have been feeling great except just the last 2 days. Just wondering what could be causing it. Thankyou!!
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be due to hyperacidity. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are 26 weeks pregnancy and having problem of stomach pain ,heartburn since last 2-3 days. This is common during advanced stage of pregnancy due to pressure of gravid uterus over stomach. Please take Hr receptor antagonist like Rabiprozole or Pantaprozle twice daily . Continue to have small frequent meals preferably juices,fruits and soft diet. Elevate head end end of your bed so as to reduce pressure over stomach. I think this should work fine and resolve the problem. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- Pregnancy moniliasis
- Rbc normal value semen
- Metrogyl taken with penicillin
- Red elbows allergic reaction to cortizon injection
- What causes stomach pain with bloating
- Medicine for dry cough and sneezing
- Heartburn vaginal pains stomach pains
- Dry cough and lymphocytosis
- Heartburn headache stomach pain cause
- What causes upper stomach pain heartburn and bloating in pregnancy
- Red rash on leg dry cough
- Stomach pains and massive heartburn
- Swollen tongue from cough drops
- Dry itchy cough virus
- Radiologic findings mild pelviectasia