What causes upper stomach aches which settles after taking Nexium?
User rating for this question
for the past couple of weeks i have been having these aches in my upper stomach especially after i eat lunch, and with it i end up going to the toilet to poo a couple of times. the only thing that settles it down is Nexium.
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You are suffering from gastric ulcer. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are suffering from gastric ulcer. You are taking right medicines.You should continue it for six weeks. But routine investigations should be done to exclude other conditions like gall bladder calculus etc.Gall bladder calculus also causes acidity. You need investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Upper GI endoscopy,Ultrasound of abdomen,ECG in all leads.Further investigations can be done if needed. Biopsy should also be taken if there is gastric ulcer to rule out H.pylori infection.H.pylori may be associated with gastric ulcer and it need antibiotics for eradication along with proton pump inhibitor like nexium. You should quit smoking if you are smoker and don't take alcohol. Also,don't take stress in life. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow-up: What causes upper stomach aches which settles after taking Nexium? 2 hours later
I dont have a gall bladder anymore, I dont smoke or drink either, I will make an appointment with my local GP.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You need Upper GI endoscopy for exact diagnosis. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back It is nice to know that you are not addicted to these substances.I was just mentioning its association with gastric ulcer.Please don't take it other wise. If gall bladder is removed then it is excluded. In your case Upper GI endoscopy is best for exact diagnosis.You are taking right medicines.Continue with these medicines and be in contact with your doctor. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Is noisy breathing a side effect of doxazosin?
- What causes stomach ache and dizziness after
- What causes stomach ache after eating food
- What causes stomach ache and flatulence
- Is nosebleeds a side effect of desvenlafaxine?
- Is blurred vision a side effect of endometrin?
- Pregnant white spots on stool
- What causes upper stomach aches which settles after taking nexium
- Secnidazole 2 weeks pregnant problem
- Is redness of skin a side effect of ertapenem?
- What causes stomach aches and stomach bloating after taking postinor
- Symptoms of worms in pregnancy
- Unienzyme is safe in pregnant
- Smelly stools while pregnant
- Is vision impairment a side effect of elmiron?