What causes twitching and spasms under the chin?

I have a strange twitching /spasms voing on under my chin a bout 6inches above my XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ReLly freaks me out
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Thyroid Detailed Answer: The thyroid is typically located below the adam's XXXXXXX in that notch that you may be able to feel about your chest bone (sternum) or where the two collar bones meet in the center. Rarely, the thyroid can be located anywhere in the midline of the chin/neck/upper chest area. it is quite unlikely that these twitching spasm are connected to your thyroid gland. I do not feel the need to recommend an ultrasound of the thyroid or any blood tests related to the thyroid. It may be well worth bringing this to your primary care doctor's notice who may consider a referral to an ENT doctor.