Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes tooth ache?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hello Doctor, I get kind of tooth ache whenever i have sweets and especially chocolates. Please advise.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: A dental examination will be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would advise that you should get a dental examination done. It seems that you might be having caries. Intake of sweet causes pain in the affected tooth. Filling / Root Canal Treatment (RCT) may be needed to cure your symptoms. Avoid those food items which increase the pain. Also maintain good oral hygiene. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.
Follow-up: What causes tooth ache? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor, I filled my teath long back. So no cavity. This is not pain but it is like sensitive.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: RCT will be helpful in your case. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for providing more information. RCT or Root Canal Treatment helps in treatment of increased sensitivity in a tooth. Though the procedure requires frequent visits, it will help you in relieving your symptoms and conserving the tooth as well. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Thanks.