What causes to have itchy rash over arms, back and legs?

I have a rash over my arms; back, and legs accompanied by itching, what could it be?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urticarial skin rash Detailed Answer: Hi , I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I will be able to help you in the same. Now you have developed some rash over your body. I would first like to have a look at the exact skin condition. It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the exact skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also email them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Now the most likely possibilities in your case seems to be an urticarial skin reaction, though to be more specific I would like to know certain things. Since when do you have this rash? Is there any development of hives ie. raised red warm skin lesions which are evanescent in nature? Any associated fever? Since when are you taking sulfamethoxazole? I am sure that I will be able to help you more once you follow up with the pictures. Waiting for your response, Dr Geetika Paul.