What causes tingling sensation in my hands while writing?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
hi my name is XXXX for a month only once in a while my right hand fingers going tingly mainly when i go to write yearterday i was carrying some parcels and it went tingly this is not all the time but when i go to write something this occurs all the time
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms. The most likely cause for your symptoms is carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). In CTS, there is mimld compression of median nerve at the level of wrist. This can lead to tingling, numbness and pain in had and fingers. Initial treatment is with medications such as pregabalin capsules and avoiding compression or pressure at the level of wrist. Most people recover with this. The diagnosis can be confirmed by doing nerve conduction studies under the supervision of a neurologist. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Follow-up: What causes tingling sensation in my hands while writing? 12 minutes later
hello this is XXXX thank you for your answer is the tingly fingers some thing to worry about or would it go away its self in time its only when i write or carry heavy stuff in that hand the pregabalin capsules you recommended should i but these

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: There is no need to worry about these symptoms, as they would go away after some time. If the tingling is troubling you, then, you may take pregabalin capsules, otherwise, you can wait. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: What causes tingling sensation in my hands while writing? 3 minutes later
hello tis is XXXX thank you for answering my question the tingly in the fingers would this go away on its own through time oor should i see i family dr or should i buy the pregabalin capsules you recommended

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: You can see your family doctor, and discuss with him after he has examined you. Right now, there is no need to buy pregabalin capsules. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)