Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes tingling sensation during urination?

General Surgeon
I have had a really intense tingling when I pee (almost like an orgasm) and my urine smells really strong and weird. Not sure what could be wrong
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urinary tract infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Such symptoms are most likely caused by urinary tract infection. Due to bacteria presence in the urine you can have frequent urinating, burning or tingling when urinating, lower abdominal pain and fever. Bad smell can also appear. The best way to verify it is urine analysis. In case of infection, antibiotics are necessary. Please also increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplementation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.