Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes tingling and pain after urination?

General Surgeon
The past two days I've noticed some tingling/pain after urinating (5-10 minutes)...sometimes at the tip, other times throughout. What could the cause of this be?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer: its mostly a bladder stone Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX This is Dr. Ashish Verma, A general surgeon, answering to your query. The pain experienced at the end of micturation, especially at the tip of penis, is classical of urinary bladder stone. So I would advise you to get a ultrasound scan of your abdomen and pelvis, with a full bladder, to detect the number and size of the stones, as further management will depend upon that only. It will also help to rule out presence of stones in other parts of the urinary system. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Get well soon. Dr. Ashish Verma
Follow-up: What causes tingling and pain after urination? 3 hours later
Thank you. I've also been very itchy - arms/ankles/wrists...unrelated?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, its unrelated ot it. Detailed Answer: Hi, These itchiness is unrelated to stones. These may be due to bacterial or fungal infection. Clean the area properly by an antiseptic scrub and apply moisturizer lotion or cream or oil over it. You may take tab levocetrizine if its very itchy....if no relief to a dermatologist. Hope, that i have answered to all your queries. If you dont have further queries, you may close this discussion and rate the response. Regards, Dr. Ashish Verma