What causes throbbing and stinging feeling in the armpits?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
I have a throbbing and achy and stinging feeling in both armpits. It comes and goes. I also have it in my legs and chest area. Everything comes and goes I'm heading to the dr next week but just wanted an opinion.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Arthritis/muscular-skeletal pain.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for you query. The throbbing and achy and stinging feeling you are feeling looks like fluctuating from your armpits to your legs and chest area. The most probable cause might be arthritis unless local skin problems (bumps, lumps) are noticed. Furthermore, lack of vitamins, especially of B group and magnesium might be a cause. I'd suggest to do some lab work for further evaluation: - complete blood profile (to exclude anemia) - electrolytes levels - urine analysis - lipid profile - fasting blood glucose - arthritis testing (antistreptolisins, fibrinogen, C-reactive protein, etc.) - chest X-ray (to exclude lung/heart/chest problems) - neurological examination If you are also having some cardiac problems (palpitations, etc.), an EKG, Holter monitoring and a consultation with cardiologist are highly advised. At the end, your pain is more of muscular-skeletal in origin; however, further evaluations are needed. All the best! Dr.Bardha Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!