What causes throat pain with feeling of cough stuck in throat?

My throat has been paining, and i feel like the cough is stuck in my throat and its not coming out. What should i do?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems like pharyngitis Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic. It seems that you are having pharyngitis. Though it can also be laryngitis in which there is difficulty in talking. I also do not know if you have fever and other related symptoms. If you can tell me the details about your condition I will be better able to help you. Till then you can try the following and see if I helps: - For throat pain you can take tab brufen 200 mg twice a day or as needed - To help with the cough and mucus, you can try expectorant cough syrup like Kofrid syrup to be taken once or twice a day as needed. - Saline gargles with warm water should help too. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further. Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: What causes throat pain with feeling of cough stuck in throat? 10 hours later
Is there a home remedy for pharyngitis?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Ayurvedic cough preparations Detailed Answer: Hi again, Among home remedies you can try mulathi powder mixed in honey, ginger boiled in milk or tea and steam of water with karvol plus in it. Karvol plus is a capsule. Its contents to be emptied in water and then take its steam carefully. It is meant to relieve congestion. I also advise some ayurvedic preparations for expectoration like sualin tablets to be taken 4 - 5 times a day or XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ayurveda's cough and cold syrup to be taken 2 - 3 times a day. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee