What causes swollen liver after removing Gall bladder?

I had Gall bladder removed , now after 4 months my liver or right side is swollen, why? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You would need to be exaamined! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this surgery and the reported swelling. I hope you recovery until now has been without any major abnormalities. From the information you have provided, there are a couple of things that may explain this. It could be a swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissues. This may be more likely as you are reporting this all by yourself. Also, could you please report whether it was an open surgery of endoscopic? Opened surgeries may intervene with the drainage system and result to local swelling. However, this is not very common. I don't think this is an enlarged liver. otherwise, you would have reported a feeling of fullness or abdominal distension or abdominal pains. Honestly, it would be difficult to pin point the problem without examining the area and maybe obtaining a few tests if need be. i will suggest that you meet and get this checked out by your doctor. I should reassure here that there is no life threatening condition right now and you should not be too aggressive. Follow a normal pace and all would work out just fine. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you for using our services and please feel free to request for more information or clarifications if need be. I wish you well and hope all gets sorted out soon. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.