What causes swollen eye lids?

my eye leads are swallon what is the reason blood show imflmation
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: This can be because of infection of eye lids. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care magic Iam Dr. DADAPEER K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having swollen eye lids and blood examination is showing inflammation. Swelling of eyelids or swollen eye lids are seen in variety of conditions. The common eye conditions causing swollen eye lids are Infection or Inflammation of the eye lids, conjunctiva, corneal ulcer Injury to eye or surrounding structures A variety of systemic conditions like kidney problems, heart problems. Since you have mentioned that you are having inflammation as shown from blood tests, the cause in your case may be inflammation of the eye lids, conjunctiva.. Please do mention some details like Details of blood investigation Associated symptoms of the eye like redness, pain, discharge from the eyes Details of eye lid swelling whether it is present always or found in sometimes of the day like early morning Do mention the answers for the above questions, so that I can answer you more accurately. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you
Follow-up: What causes swollen eye lids? 1 hour later
Both eye leads are inflamed not my eyes I do have calites I have no tears coming from my eyes my bones are herting I need to give more details I don't know hoe it's called above my eyes the bone is also swollen on bort eyes
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: This is because of inflammatory disease of eyelids Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up query. It seems from the history that both the eyelids are inflamed and you you decreased or no tears from the eyes. This may be because of inflammatory condition affecting the eyes and the eye lids. This requires treatment by oral anti inflammatory drugs and artificial tear eye drops. Since this requires prescription I advice you to consult your eye doctor for evaluation, confirmation of diagnosis and treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your query and the information is helpful to you. Thank you