What causes swollen blood vessels and joint pain?

I just looked at the underside of my right arm and noticed that all of my major blood vessels are visible. Mild pain in joints (including shoulders) since last night. The color is approximately the same as bruising. This has never happened to me before. Is it anything to worry about, or is it a thing that just sometimes happens?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal, MD From your query I am considering you have never had these swollen vessels and bruising before and obviously you have not had a trauma or you would have considered that as a possibility. Is there any prominence of these blood vessels on the neck and chest region? Or is it restricted to the axilla? Could you tell me which joints are affected when you consider having these joint pains? Is there any swelling? Any redness? I have seen the picture you have loaded. To a large extent it looks like a allergic problem. Or post compression problem. Did you sleep with the arm under a pillow? I would suggest that you get a Complete Hemogram, RA factor and ANA tested. And try an anti allergy medicine at bedtime. Since the latter are known to cause a sedative action, I think you will need a prescription for them. Do let me know the answers to my questions so I may be able to help you better. Awaiting your reponse Dr Saumya Mittal