What causes swollen and painful lymph nodes on neck?
User rating for this question
I have a swollen and painful lymph node on the back of my neck, painful neck stiffness, no fever, no rash, heat relieves somewhat, not enough. I also have poorly controlled Type II Diabetes, have been having a bad reaction to Cymbalta (which is resolving itself today) - which I take for Fibromyalgia and Diabetic Neuropathy.
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to swollen&painful lymph-node on neck... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the health issues you are facing. Given your medical history of swollen and painful lymph-node on the back of your neck, it could be related to: - lipoma (most probably infected) - hair abscess (carbuncle/folliculitis) - arthritis As there are many different causes and further tests to be run, I'd suggest to consult a dermatologist as soon as possible in order to determine the right diagnosis and get proper treatment in time. If abscess, you might need a course of oral antibiotic and drainage of the pus. Meanwhile, if lipoma, it should be surgically removed as it is causing pain to you. I also suggest to send a sample for further biopsy evaluation. At the end, the very first thing is to identify the origin of the swollen lymph-node (as mentioned earlier); then, to decide for the treatment and further follow up. All the best! Dr.Bardha
People also viewed
- Can allergies cause swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Drugs/medication for Road rash
- Swollen lymph nodes neck caused by pimple
- Is excessive tearing a side effect of trusopt?
- Is blurred vision a side effect of guanidine?
- Symptoms of Ringworm rash
- Is stomach cramps a side effect of etoposide?
- Road rash causes
- Is weight gain a side effect of gemifloxacin?
- Treatment and cure for Retrosternal pain
- What causes glandular fever and swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Is tearing of eyes a side effect of florinef?
- Causes swollen lymph nodes neck
- What causes swollen and painful lymph nodes on neck
- Retinal arteritis causes