What causes swelling and purple discoloration on feet?

I am a little concerned my feet keep swelling and turning purple i had an ecg not long ago that show unexplained intermission and the first thing my doctor did was check that there was no fluid in my feet at the time there wasnt but there appears to be now when my feet go purple my friend pressed on it to see if it went white but it took nearly 10secs to go back to purple colour. I aslo have been bloating and get pain under and just below my right ribs do i need to go see some and what is causing this
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please visit doctor, 3 systems need evaluation Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I would surely recommend a visit to the doctor at the earliest to evaluate you for three of the most common causes for such a presentation, they are: -Congestive heart disease (a cardiac abnormality) -Vascular conditions resulting in poor blood flow to the peripheries (Eg. Morton's neuroma, coagulation abnormalities, etc.) -Rheumatological or orthopedic conditions (eg. Rheumatoid arthritis) I am sorry to hear about such a presentation at such a young age, but it would be best to establish a diagnosis at the earliest, in order to help you live a normal and long symptom-free life. I hope you find my response helpful and pray this is nothing serious, and you live a comfortable and happy life. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.