What causes sweating headaches,sore skin and fluid retention?

General Surgeon
Hi im 38 years old I have a history of skin cancer copd gastritis and ive had a full hysterectomy ive now been suffering sweating headaches sore skin my gp done bloods and HB was high Haematocrit was high MCV was high and MCH was high can you help me please
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: high hemoglobin likely to be due to COPD Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms XXXXXXX Chronic obstructive Pulmonary disease (COPD) individual have relative Hypoxia (reduced oxygen content in blood due to Pulmonary pathology). This relative hypoxia stimulates release of Erythropoetin ( blood formation promoting hormone). This hormone causes increased production and synthesis of red blood cells. This causes rise in hemoglobin and haematocrit. COPD individual can have hemoglobin as high as 18 gm%. There is no cause for concern if the peripheral smear and other blood counts are within normal limit. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon