What causes sudden loss of balance on bearing weight?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I was in touch with you with questions about my leg break and I'm nail Yesterday evening while coming up stairs I lost balance and momentarily Put weight on the nwb leg primarily through the heal I have not experienced any abnormal pain brushing bleeding or any other symptoms that might indicate a problem....... Should I be concerned and go to the emergency room? I have a clinic review next week
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later
Brief Answer: No need to rush to ER. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for contacting e again. On sudden bearing of weight if there was no shooting pain or bleeding or bruising in the area then there is no need to worry. Since an internal fixation of the fractured fragments has been done with nailing any damage to the area is not likely. You can mention about this to your orthopedician on your next clinic visit. In case there is a mobility of the fractured fragments shooting pain swelling or skin color changes in the area then an immediate medical attention is needed. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL