What causes sudden loss in body control and nausea with weakness?

Hi last night my husband woke up about 4 am. Said he had to use the restroom. Shortly after I heard what sounded like things falling. I rushed in to find him bending over. He was nauseated and weak. He couldn't hardly stand. He actually accidentally urinated on the floor because he was so weak and could stand straight. He said he needed to sit down. So I sat him down and he leaned over on me for about 10 or 15 minutes. He then said that he felt like his face and head were hot. Which felt cold to the touch. I finally got him back to bed in which time he started saying that he was cold. He is never cold. I am very concerned about him and he is fighting me about his health. I'm frustrated and scared. He was told about 6 months ago that he was pre-diabetic and had high cholesterol. Please help. My email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on HM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that there are many possibilties with this type of situation , I cannot give you a diagnosis but we can discuss the possibilities . First it could ne syncopal attack due to hypotension . I see that your husband is taking anti hypertensives like Minipress,prazosin which can sometimes lead to hypotension specially postural when patient rises from bed suddenly . Other thing is micturitionla syncope which needs consideration . Two other things for which possibilty is less is seizures and TIA .Diabetes and dyslipidemia are a slo risk factor for TIA s . I will advise you to see a neurologist , get a tilt table test , EEG done . If required MRI brain should be done . Only after establishing diagnosis treatemnt can be suggested . Take care. Dr. Shruti