What causes stomach pain and diarrhea?
User rating for this question
MY son has a problem with stomach hurt because he works off one day every week worry us. Later this week he has a problem with his diarhea? We don't know what wrong with him? maybe from his past with the weed and alcholic and or not right food. Or allergy? Or bad high fat food at school in the past?
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gastrointestinal infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Stomach pain and diarrhea can be caused by some gastrointestinal infection. It can be caused by stress, work and diet as this factors can worsen immune system. Upper abdominal pain and diarrhea can be also caused by gallstones. Especially if the pain radiates to the back and nausea appears. Stress can trigger peptic ulcer in the stomach or duodenum. The main symptom of this condition is upper middle abdominal pain. I suggest your son to start with BRAT diet (banana, rice, XXXXXXX sauce, toast) and probiotic intake. If symptoms wont go away in few days, he should visit a doctor, have abdominal ultrasound, blood work. Gastroscopy should be also considered. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and flatulence smell
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and severe migraine
- What causes orange diarrhea with stomach pain
- Numb left shin
- Numbing sensation in middle toe
- Pheochromocytoma and acid reflux
- What causes stomach pain with bloating and diarrhea
- High pitched stomach noise
- Nerophen and reflux
- Orange phlegm with acid reflux
- Nose cartilage damage
- Numbness tingling shins spine cyst
- Nostrils moving on both sides when breathing
- Mebeverine acid reflux